Question 2 - What causes my computer to keep getting viruses and malware?
There can be several ways for a computer to be infected with malware and virus files. Just because you have an anti-virus program installed doesn't mean you can't be infected. It will help, but not if you don't keep it updated and always working. Even then, malware can infect your system, disable the few security features you have and then cause even more issues on your computer system.
Typical computer infections come from these methods:
- Email attachments
- Downloaded music from sites other than paid sites like iTunes
- Downloaded free programs or games
- Links to infected video's on Facebook or other social media sites
- Links to websites that will infect your computer
- Not keeping the software on your computer updated. Programs like Adobe Reader, Flash and Java should always be updated.